Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A PHILOSOPHY, A FAITH, A WAY OF LIFE

Ernest Holmes
I have just finished reading The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes and want to offer my humble comment. Although first published in 1926, it was completely revised in 1936 and with a forward by Jean Houston which was what first caught my eye. The book reminds me a little of A Course In Miracles without the unique prose that so characterizes Miracles. Both offer encouragement for all those who find themselves laboring in the trenches of life. I recall the first paragraph (yes paragraph- check it out) of M. Scott Peck's book The Road Less Traveled that simply stated what most of us have known for some time, "Life is difficult." In Facets of Unity A. H. Almaas describes this condition as people with holes in their spirit that are the result of a lack of "holding", for whatever reason, during the formative years of their childhood. I don't want to say much more specifically about the content of Mind, but I would like to end with one of the many meditations found throughout the text that unexpectedly touched me in a spot that is still tender for me. As I conclude with this brief mediation I am reminded of the words of Jesus when he said, "Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child shall not in any way enter it at all." Luke 18:17
The Night Is Filled With Peace
I wrap myself in the mantle of Love and fall asleep, filled with Peace. Through the long night Peace remains with me, and at the breaking of the new day I shall still be filled with Life and Love. I shall go forth into the new day confident and happy.
I rest in Thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web The Integral Path